Saturday, November 21, 2009

Project Downtown

Hello All,

So I wanted to start off by thanking the students from the Wesley Foundation for accompanying us to this past PD. Sometimes the number of people who are in need of help at the shelter lead me to feel helpless in terms of making any real difference or being able to lend a hand in a meaningful way. It bolsters my hope though, as it always does, when I see others also going out of their way to help those in need. To see people thinking about the plight of others and trying to help them even though there is no immediate or tangible rewards associated with doing so is quite uplifting.

Erasing poverty is an undertaking that will take a society not just a few individuals so the more people out there the better.

Finally, I just wanted to say that I had a lot of fun getting to know and working with everyone this past PD. The van ride and pastry shop were also really fun. I hope to see you guys all again in the future! Til then, take care and peace,

~Mahmood Farooqi
farooqim@msu.edu

No comments: